View Single Post
Old 11-13-2005, 05:46 AM

Default Re: Live DVD shoot: advices welcome

Thank you for the reply.

I understand your method, and it seems clear, though there are a few things that I'm still a bit not sure about.
Are your recorders jammed to the master time code generator that feeds the video cameras? If so, how do you work with the timestamped files in post later? I guess the video file you receive has the same timecode as your tracks, so all you have to do is just load the tracks in PT and sync them to the video in spot mode, is this correct? What other sync method are available other than an old fashioned clapstick (that I guess won't be possible to use at the start of the concert if you understand me....)?
Also, I'm trying to figure out a way to have the additional material shot the other days (not in the concert's night) in sync with the picture, because I think it will be used to sweeten and enrich the video montage (that would be a bit too static being only 4 cameras), and to correct same flawed notes here and there. I think Digitranslator and OMF capability will be mandatory then, or an EDL with precise timecode indications for each cut that's not coming from the concert night.

Thank you for your feedback

L.G.