Thread: 12.9 any news ?
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2017, 09:24 PM

Default Re: 12.9 any news ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbourget View Post
I worked 2 years on Cubase before returning to PT. So I can tell you that there are bugs also in Cubase, or incongruous things, lacks, sometimes frustrating. But communication with customers is different. We are not in the darkness. And the generosity of Steinberg at the level of the new functions is 10 times that of Avid.

Yesterday, for example, I had to export my sessions PT to AAF while retaining the gain clip (by a conversion in volume automation). Oops! It takes PT HD ... Frustrating. The difference in Nuendo and Cubase is that Nuendo is intended for sound on images and we understand that. The separation is there. There are irritants (no AAF Export in Cubase, for example, only OMF), but there is a logic. At Avid, you can tell me why converting the gain clip to volume automation is not a function of vanilla? Because the difference between HD and NON-HD is now confusing. It also relates now to the difference in price, not only of use.
I repeat: after 2017, if the MIDI development is not major, it is finished with Pro Tools.

Pro Tools has good qualities, big expensive, respectable, but it is a car without electric windows and without air conditioning, or without computer of board, without allogeneous headlights. It leads you wherever you like, and flatters your old habits, but you must not look elsewhere. If you look elsewhere, you have more comfort and facilities for less. So a day will come when ... And this day, it is often that of renewal. Other strangeness. You have to be a subscriber to get the bug fixes ... A shame!

Something is wrong with this company. It will still be a while, but the future will bring him a hard awakening.
I was not talking of Nuendo VS Cubase, I was talking of the different versions in each. Like Cubase Pro, cubase artist, cubase Elements. Nuendo, Nuendo live. And all the other Daws I mentioned have the same aspect. And each Higher version offers more tools and options than the one below, which is exactly the same thing between PT HD and PT Vanilla. That's what I was mentioning about that seems to be conveniently looked over by other people, but then criticized onto Avid, all I am saying.

Wave-T.com