View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 07:22 AM

Default iLok Support Problems

Without trying to take up much space and putting this all in a nutshell, since May, I've been without Pro Tools 10, and since May, I've been trying to get answers.
Here's what happened: Went on a trip with some friends out west, lost my iLok, reported it lost, filed the RMA, and haven't heard any thing since.

I was told to contact Avid, but I never entirely understood how you were supposed to contact Avid if their entire phone base or whatever is computer automated. All I wanted to do was talk to a human. Apparently, I didn't wait long enough on the technical help side of things. So, therefore, I never got a hold of Avid for help.

I asked Sweetwater and didn't really get much out of them. Same story. They had also emailed Avid and I was told to order a support code for Pro Tools LE in order to have any help.

I contacted Avid on their facebook page and was told that iLok themselves would be able to help and they gave me a link that didn't help me at all.

So, basically, All I ask is for a little help. What the heck do I do? I just want to get a new license for an iLok I bought in June so I can use Pro Tools again.

Thanks.