View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 02:56 AM

Default Re: 192 I/O Just blown up!!!

Mine blew this morning AGAIN

The number of replacement units I've had since buying them early 2007 will be about 7 or 8 now I think. always the same problem, R1 goes, eventually POP. Dead.

Nothing else blows in our studio, just the 192's. Tried asking tech support but to be fair to them, they're not electricians and don't really have any way of knowing what could be causing it. They're always helpful and send me a new one which usually arrives within a day or two as I'm on the hardware assurance program.

Still, I'm now resorting to having all of the electrics in the building replaced with new wiring as I'm at my wits end. No fuses blow on our brand new fuseboard either. Seriously horrible situation to try and troubleshoot.

In short, buy the hardware assurance. If it happens once, it is likely to keep happening. It's cheaper than the amount of repairs we would have to fork out for (especially when you factor in shipping broken units)

And if anyone has any ideas what might be causing this then please feel free to chime in.