View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 07:46 AM

Default Re: Adjusting audio timing using technology - is the results acceptable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed_45 View Post
So I am clear on your workflow there...
1) you breakup any fully consolidated / single / long audio clip into multiple chunks/parts
2) you turn on X-Form (you do not turn on any Polyphonic or Monophonic or any other algorithm method that X-Form first or at any other time?)
3) because you did #1 you can more quickly adjust the transients as desired without it taking forever processing a fully consolidated audio clip. I have experienced this many times and it makes you want to Zzzzzz - that's a great tip!
4) when completely done with time adjustments in #3 turn off X-Form & Commit
5) cleanup any breaks/ gaps / add fades and consolidate. (I am assuming here)
That's correct^^^ And, amagras is 100% correct that EA is not good on multiple mics such as a recorded drum kit or a guitar with 2(or more) mics. For drums, Beat Detective or manually cut/move/crossfade is best. If I need to EA an acoustic guitar that was recorded with 2 mics, I will pick the best sounding single mic and mute the other track

Last advice: its not a bad idea to DUPLICATE PLAYLIST first. That way, no matter how messed up your edits get, the original(untouched) audio is still available for another try

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave