View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 11:18 AM
Gobbler

Smile Re: Will Aspera stop DD central site after Dec.2011?

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to introduce myself. I am the CEO of Gobbler. I noticed that some of you have tried the service and have some bad results. I'd love to help get to the bottom of them.

We just posted an update to Gobbler which should address the file sharing issues mentioned in the post. If you wouldn't mind trying it again to see if you have a better experience we would most appreciate it.

WRT to speed, privacy and safety. Our entire system is built on Amazon EC2, S3. It provides extreme redundancy and security. All files are encrypted before leaving your computer. From end to end we are focused on maintaining the privacy of your work and its security. Our bandwidth is as fast as Amazon's. Our previous build had a networking bug that has been addressed. So you should be able to max out your bandwidth on the up and downloads.

I completely understand concerns about privacy and security and that trust has to be earned. In the coming months as we move out of beta we will be announcing partnerships and artists relationships which I hope will help assure our users that we are a credible company whose mission is to create tools for this community which are useful and reliable.

My other company Frank The Plumber (www.franktheplumber.com) has been fortunate to work with some of the biggest artists on the planet. Integrity and trust are a cornerstone ideology of both companies. In the case of Gobbler we are being entrusted with some of the most important assets in an artists life. Any break in that trust would be the worst possible outcome for a company like ours. With all that, trust still has to be earned and we hope that over time the community will see that we are here for the long haul and will continue to innovate and listen.

I invite you to reach out to me directly if you have any questions and thank you for giving us a look.

all the best,

Chris