View Single Post
Old 08-27-2019, 10:46 AM

Default Re: PG PT WAV Checker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Kruse View Post
Hi Pete,

slightly off-topic but I was wondering if you knew a trick to bulk-inject ProTools file IDs into "clean" BWAVs in a way that it drills through sub-folders and gives all the BWAVs a PT compatible ID?

Application is to "stamp" a folder with floor sound with IDs before distributing them to a bigger team so each team member is looking at the same file IDs to speed up relinking.

Currently the only method I know is to import all the BWAVS into an empty PT session so that PT gives them IDs. Downside being that PT's file import doesn't drill through sub-folders so you have to do this one by one for every floor sound folder from the shoot which can be quite a bit of donkey work on a series with 100 days of shooting.

Frank.
Ahhhh, yes, you're the second person to ask for this. I can do it, and wouldn't charge for it as usual (I may do Some projects that aren't free at some point) but the thing that's made me resist so far is that it's destructive and if it should corrupt a weirdly formatted WAV file or something people could understandably get a bit cross with me!

Pete