View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 01:01 AM

Default Re: No sound PT 8.0 - Windows 7 64 bit - Mbox Pro firewire. Are we fools?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus52085 View Post
I would usually agree with you on this point. However, Windows 7 was out in beta form free to everyone many months before the official release of the OS, and NO ONE complained about compatibility issues. Windows 7 is probably the most compatable OS ever made especially because of its windows XP mode. So, in this case, I have to disagree with you. Windows 7 was fully compatable from day 1, and because of its pre-release beta version, it is not buggy at all. It is the optimum form of Windows Vista.
Well Nexus, if you are right that it isn't buggy at all I would be amazed (but certainly happy to hear it). I've been using Windows since 2.1 and every promise of stability since then has been less than impressive.
As for compatibility, that is a two-way street, between 7 and individual developers. If you do a search of driver issues with Windows 7 you will find that it is not "fully" compatibile. Also, in my experience, the longer an OS is out there, the more issues seem to arise. Still by all accounts, Windows 7 seems to be a considerable improvement over Vista.

As for the original point of ProTools compatibility, I hope it comes sooner than later but I'm not ready to blame anyone just yet. Ironically, while I hate Vista generally, Protools actually actually runs better on it for me than it did with XP (an OS I certainly prefer). Go figure...