View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 10:57 AM

Default DAE -4 and 9003 on PT Start

So I fired up my system after way to many months and as PT starts DAE error -4 followed by 9003. I searched and saw this but where is the DigiSetup file that I should "throw away". Just wanted to try what I can before I call support. Suggestions please. :)

DAE error -9003 when launching Pro Tools.

HostTimeoutErr. A DSP did not respond to a command that DAE issued through the DSP's host port interface. Possible Audio Card failure.

Determine if it's a hardware configuration problem first. Throw away the DigiSetup file and restart the system. If that doesn't alleviate the problem, verify hardware configuration and that the necessary INITs are loading properly. Verify the contents of the DAE Folder, that all needed software and drivers are present and that compatible versions are being used together. Verify that cards are in their proper placement in the Mac, seated firmly, and all peripherals are turned on and responding properly, and that the cables are connected. Open a soundfile with Sound Designer or a simpler session in the DAE application. If problem persists, it would indicate a faulty Audio Card. Determine which audio card is at fault by trying one at a time.