View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 02:19 AM

Default Re: Mavericks tagging for sound library

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdblanchard View Post
I didn't realize you could add notes and such to the files in there, that's brilliant!
Mind you: Anything you enter in the workspace will only live in there and if your DB gets lost or outdated (happens frequently when PT is updated) all your notes will be lost.
The only way around this is to tag your meta-data and embed that. All else is a pretty "fragile" system because you detach the info from the files. Meta-data was invented to put all that info INTO the files so a simple re-scan brings it all back.

I wouldn't use the PT workspace to keep a ton of notes that you need for ever. The data will live or die at the mercy of AVID's DB management.

The past has shown that very often catalogs didn't convert correctly or at all when AVID updated PT in the past.

As long as PT isn't able to re-embed meta-data into BWAVs like soundminer I wouldn't waste time typing any library info into the workspace.

Frank.