View Single Post
Old 10-24-2020, 05:56 AM

Default Re: OK I'm done with my Digi003 - Help with new hardware

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Are you using the desktop 003 or the rackmount? That makes a big difference in the recommendations. Do you really need USB-c? If not and you want to save money take a look at the MOTU interfaces.; they have several under $1000 Or if you can spend a bit more there's the UAD Apollo line.; a bit pricey and they have DSP.

Do you need low/no latency straight play-through of your external hardware? There's few interfaces that do that anymore. Some of the MOTU stuff can do that.
I use the 003 console version. Truth be told - I only use the input volume and monitor knobs. I adjust my levels and tweeks in pro tools. I'm basically saying that I don't really need a huge console but since I am a hands on person then some knobs that can adjust volume controls would be nice. Also, I only say USB-C because i never understood USB vs firewire in my 003. I just wanted to hit "record" and not expect a lock up so I thought firewire was the best and faster than USB.
Are there specific models you recommend? Can they be "standards" something that everyone has and loves?
I appreciate you responding. Meanwhile I am going to get an old PC (old Windows OS) from my garage and try to get my 003 going on it til i find something modern.
Lastly, I'm always on youtube so I can always look up review vids to help narrow what I need. I just need some salesman type guidance. Thank you!
btw, not sure what you mean by "Do you need low/no latency straight play-through of your external hardware? " Does that mean that if I play instruments along with tracks that I recorded? YES, if so.

EDIT: NEVERMIND ABOUT USB-C. I meant Thunderbolt 3!

OK I just looked up MOTU 828x. This looks like it's an answer. It has the 8 inputs I need. I just have to see if there's something a little better and if it works with protools. Looks like it's been around for a while so I have to see if there's something more modern.

Last edited by rev_mex; 10-24-2020 at 06:44 AM.