View Single Post
Old 04-23-2003, 12:14 AM

Default Re: Editing Questions

Thanks for your reply... I understand that it is a different paradigm than I'm used to. I'm just trying to get it going at the same level I can work at in my other DAWs.

I do a lot of classical music editing and these are pretty common ways of working in that genre.

Quote:
You're going to have to clarify this a little, but yes - you can edit the various fade shapes and crossing pattern in the fade window. Apply a fade with apple-F if you want to see the fade window come up. You can designate your default fade in, out, and crossfades as well so you don't have to look at the fade window as much, if ever.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">What I meant was rather than have the fade be either split 50% over an edit point, can I move it so that perhaps it is 20%/80% over the point. Or is it only centered or on one side or the other? Asymetric fades is basically what I'm talking about.... (not just in fade shape, but time and location, too)

Quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can I insert a crossfade somewhere and slip tracks? Or, do I need to region things off, move the tracks, and then hope a fade is right? Or better worded, can I move the tracks and the fade point when I am in the fade editor?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmm... sounds like you're thinking in terms of one of your other programs. I'm not quite catching what you want to do here...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Basically if I want to cut the attack out of a note, I insert a crossfade in my current DAW. I can then move the fade in and out points by only a few milliseconds to make the section I want disappear.

Quote:
Pro Tools can do anything you want it to do...it may not be EXACTLY what you're used to, but if you're adaptable you can get some serious work done with this program.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'm sure it can... That is why I was wondering how to do these things. I'm basically familliar with a different editing paradigm. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks again..

--Ben