View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 04:55 AM

Default Re: Definitive answer on CPTK1 upgrade to PT11HD?

Thanks Kazuomik

Just in the last half hour I've had an email from my dealer (KMR in London) on this matter.
They've been at Messe this weekend and had asked AVID exactly this question on my behalf.

I'm afraid the answer given to my dealer *this weekend* by AVID staff was that CPTK1 would not be supported to upgrade to PT11HD.

So we have utterly contradictory answers from AVID on this subject, even in the last couple of days.

Crizdee, like you I read the wording of the AVID statement to include CPTK1...But I do feel it would help if they could change the wording of that sentence to be "If you own CPTK, either version 1 or 2"... Just for the avoidance of any doubt on the matter.
It would also help if they could be specific about the used transfer of licence issue too.

It really hasn't helped that AVID have more than once contradicted themselves on this.... However we are all human, and mistakes are made....
But, surely with a quick change to the wording on the AVID site (to remove any possible ambiguity), this could easily be cleared up and we'd all know exactly where we stand.
Antelope Orion 32, Vienna Ensemble Pro 5,
UAD Quad PCIe