View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 05:12 PM

Default Is this dangerous for my guitars?

Just read about Muddy-T's loss (the broken guitar) and it made me think. I have two electric guitars that I keep in my sleepingroom/studio. As there is no air circulation when I am recording (windows and ventilation covered with foam for isolation), I use to have my window open very often to fresh up the room. This has been so ever since I moved into this house five years ago.

Is this bad for my guitars? I have no humidity issues in my home but the weather in the Netherlands is quite humid I must say. So far I haven't seen the necks of my guitars bending, they're still straight, if that's the right word. But I really wanna be sure and if you say keeping my guitars in a room with open windows will screw them than I'll immediately change that (although this will turn out awkward).

Actually I rather want to keep them in my studio as that is where I use them. I was used to a house before this one where I had four rooms and this was not an issue. But this new place could cause troubles in this respect. What do you guys say?

Metric Halo ULN8 3D Interface, NI Komplete Control S49 midikeyboard

Macbook Pro M1, 2.5 GHz 8 core CPU, 32 Gb RAM, 1Tb storage, Monterey 12.6.6. PT Ultimate 2023.6, UVI Falcon 3.0 + some soundbanks, Waves Platinum bundle, some free Melda plugz, Metric Halo/Make Believe plugz.

Last edited by Voideco; 11-01-2017 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Accuracy