View Single Post
Old 11-22-2014, 08:54 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 11HD = FAULTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifted Music View Post
you mentioned Save while playing and then a loud noise and crash.

Do you happen to use the air virtual interments... Velvet, Loom, Teansfuzer, Hybrid, Vaccume Pro??

These did that same thing to me so I removed them. Structure seems ok.

Anyway I'm not on HDX, but HD software, mac. and that particular issue plaqued me big time.
I have written on this before...a lot of people chose to argue. But I'll put it out there again, do it, don't do it, your choice...

Trying to save while the transport is running is not good practice.

You have a hard drive recording or playing back, then you tell it STOP! DO THIS HIGH PRIORITY TASK INSTEAD!

And you're surprised that you have problems?

I'm not interested in hearing about anyone's workflow...it doesn't matter to the disk drive. I don't want to hear about someone not having problems...sometimes you get lucky.

If your workflow doesn't include "Stop, then Save", you are creating the possibility of a problem.

Take your pick...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh