View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dism View Post
Actually... for a samples drive an SSD wouldn't be bad.

The problem with most SSD (except for really really expensive ones) is that they have a fairly limited number of writes available. If you were to use one as your audio drive, it would die quickly. As a samples drive, the only reason you should be writing to it, is if you are installing a new library. Otherwise, it should be mostly reads, and super fast at that.

Might be a worth while investment... but I'm still holding off on SSDs for a while. Perhaps another year or so.
Ah yes! Read only - mostly for a sample drive. Makes total sense. I hear they're wicked fast but won't be ready for Audio read write any time soon. You'd also need to me careful to know if any temp files were needing to be written every time you load a library from Kontakt, let's say. Thanks, Dism!