View Single Post
Old 03-24-1999, 06:46 PM

Default Re: HUI Electromagnetic Field (Part 2) The sequel

My problem with the HUI is not as bad as Phil's. Phil can't move the faders at all. He grabs one and it's totally locked. My problem is a little more subtle. I tried it the other day and it was almost fine. I say almost, because the fader movement wasn't totally smooth (as it is when the unit is off) but it was usable. Other times you can feel the brakes coming on and releasing as you move the fader.

Ironically, mine's actually been in the repair shop all week for an analog problem but seeing Mackie's acceptance to give Phil a full refund, I'm also considering this option. The trouble is, there's no competition for this unit.

You can't call Pro Control competition when here in Australia it's 3 times the price. This new CM box doesn't have a control room section (something I dig on the HUI) and that's really the whole market. I really want to keep the HUI even though I've got a couple of other problems with mine that are supposedly "within spec" so nothing can be done about them.

As a closer - I refuse accept that Mackie are an unprofessional company and I refuse to adopt a knee-jerk hate position, the kind that is so prevalent on the net. Mackie want to succeed and Mackie want happy customers. They don't want bad publicity like this.

I think Phil nailed it when he said that just because we're screaming loudly here, doesn't mean the right people are hearing this. There must be a way to get the message to the RIGHT people at Mackie. I'm talking upper management and not engineering. And not a message that tells them that of the several thousand HUI owners out there, 5 are having a problem. I would bet the farm that the number is MUCH MUCH higher.

MIKEY