View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 09:23 PM

Default Re: It's simple: don't upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WernerF View Post
Apples and oranges my friend. A Dodge Charger is, maybe by some counts, a luxury. A tool of your profession, in this case Pro Tools, is not. Put that together with the reality that if you, as a company, attempt to financialy rape your loyal userbase you will most likely eventually cease to be in business.

Now I have heard everything. The only reason you feel financially raped is because you are the kind of guys that can't keep their wallets in their pockets and constantly feel the urge to bend over.

Protools is a professional tool. Why isn't the latest and greatest "professional tool" a luxury as well? You don't need it to continue as a professional. I certainly don't. A week ago I was doing fine without it... in a years time I will probably be doing fine without it also. If and when business permits I will upgrade to it.

For anyone arguing otherwise, they are rape victims of consumer behaviour.

It is like arguing that you are being financially raped because you need a pickup truck for business... the NEWEST MOST EXPENSIVE PICKUP TRUCK. Yeah, those pickup truck blokes are definitely financially raping you.