View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 07:54 PM

Default Re: It's simple: don't upgrade.

Having read all the post here, and on Reaper, Gearsluts and Cubase regarding pt10, IMHO, the price is only part of the problem. Eventually we buy what we want when we can. There appears to be many HD users, high end studios and the professionals that are outraged. The costs these studios and individuals are out is staggering. Your remark, "Hopefully this thins the herd a little. No more amateur studios running "the industry standard"..seems to be a little premature as there actually seems to be more high end customers floored by this release then the home studio hobby group. Finger pointing and ranker is not what the author of this post was suggesting. It's the more about the position Avid took deciding to make this release. Were all educated here and the obvious is clear about how a company makes a profit, it's the lack of some type of loyalty that bones most of us. Then the high cost of thousands of dollars on top of that for a company that is 5 years or so behind the others is a little unsettling. There was a time when the home studio crowd led in the feeding of the coffers of this company, so yes sir, they have a voice and should. I'm not pointing fingers just pointing out the obvious. Ranting and raving is the process associated with change.