View Single Post
Old 02-16-2002, 05:26 PM

Default Re: Best System for PTLE for under $1000.00

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by digitaltoast:
Hey Allen read this...

Now for the reason that brought me here. I need a new motherboard ... mine died and I bought a new one (w/o looking/thinking) and it is incompatible with Digi. I got rid of all the -6002 errors but it only works for about 20 minutes without hanging. Having just been "burnt" by a bad mobo, I'm tenative to head away from the Digi recommendations. Although the power shown above sure is tempting. I really curious about the performance difference of a supported SDRAM mobo vs. unsupported DDR mobo. I have a 733Intel chip now, but since I need another new mobo anyway, it looks like I'll get a 1700+. Time is of the essence here, as I can't work until a new board is in place. Allen seems to be the guru here so anything you (or anyone) can tell me would be appreciated. If you could send me a private email that'd be appreciated, my email is [email protected]

Thanks all...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would expect that the SDRAM will be faded out as DDR boards take over. Just much broader bandwidth and better performance and stability. See results on PT Performance thread. Get the GA7DX or A7M266 with an XP1800 or above processor, 512MB of PC2100 ram and a Promise ATA100 TX2 controller card and you will be very happy.
Allen