View Single Post
Old 11-04-2014, 03:23 AM

Default Re: Sample Rate and H/W Buffer negotiation woes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdarbyshirebryant View Post
It's simple. I trust TC. I don't trust any of Avid's behaviour. Yes my marriage with Avid is going through a very rough spot at the moment and I'm considering divorce.
I tend to focus on a product's strengths and work around the downsides. To make music. There will always be negatives - especially with a complex software product like a DAW, which have to run with a million pieces of hardware. I do enjoy working in Pro Tools and my Audient interface is sounding impeccable. Truly great sound.

What worries (or amazes) me the most is the initial reaction from the 3rd party developers when faced with these error reports on sample rate and buffer size issues (on Windows). It's like they never heard of the problem. Focusrite's initial reaction was clearly that. This problem has been there since the very beginning of Pro Tools supporting 3rd party hardware. That's several years now. Don't 3rd party developers test on Windows? Don't they have beta testers running Windows? Are they just accepting the issues? Is Avid to blame completely? Maybe 3rd party developers can indeed write a dedicated and 100% working driver for Pro Tools / Windows, but it's not worth the extra cost involved. One driver for all DAW's, take it or leave it.

I'm amazed that there is so little info about it. I'm also amazed that so few users are vocal about it.