View Single Post
Old 03-31-2004, 06:04 PM

Default Re: no ADC for PTLE?????

Quote:
Hi,

Sorry to say, but Cubase SX 2, Nuendo 2 and Samplitude -and Sonar I guess- (all in PC) have Automatic, Full Delay Compensation. Never checked Samp or Sonar but I use Cubase SX 2 with my Digi001 and "ADC" in this app works like a charm. Even with DSP-based plugins (UAD-1). I've done many tests to check that ADC is really working and it's perfect up to the sample level (100% accurate).

Hhehehe- ahhh, sweet bliss...

Guess what? Those apps all have PIDC ONLY
No bussing comp, no alignment to timecode, and a delay comp that is 100% dependant upon the developers of all those formats to code the plugs correctly and accurately to provide that comp.
Add some outboard (you know, those funny metal things, some have tubes, some don't, and they used to be in these neat things called 'racks") and what happens. OH! Gee! Delay comp with that = SOL.

I'll lay odds that NO ONE gets it right this year, not 100%.
PIDC is a great step in the right direction. No doubt.
Think of PIDC as a driver's side airbag.
Will it keep you from getting injured? Nope. Injured LESS? Maybe, probably...depends on the situation.
True 100% perfect ADC is like a nice hefty tank that handles and feels like an F1 racer.
PIDC instead of ADC is like giving someone a reach around. Yeah, might feel good (sorry, I wouldn't know- dont have the equipment to test that one...lol...), but in the end (pun intended), you are still getting sand pounded up your...

With LE, you can at least see what the delay times are on each track. A little math, and *simple* delay scenario is nailed. LE just really needs a time adjuster to at least give it some crutches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki-k View Post
Sometimes ya just gotta put your tongue on the 9V battery just to see what all the fuss is about.