View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 06:17 PM

Default Re: Intel vs. AMD for Pro Tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjslakeridge View Post
My bad, I see the dverb counts listed within the link you referenced. I guess I am 235, pretty respectable for my setup. Ran DVerb2 again with only 5 processors (99%) and overall CPU utilization never got over 70% and the recorded test tones were rock solid the entire 5 minutes. Now I am curious to see what happens if I put my older AMD Phenom II 1045 T back in the PT machine. It rates much lower on Passmark, but my Super Pi times on the Phenom II beat out the Fx6300 test after test. (same mobo on both computers). Probably should leave well enough alone, I hate crawling around under the desk disconnecting everything from the computer to swap processors.
Re. monitoring software, that can be hit or miss and those in the know recommend NOT installing anything from the motherboard disk that is not needed(like audio driver, network driver, chipset driver, and NOTHING ELSE). 235 may seem like good numbers(and is nothing to sneeze at), but my i7 920 socket 1366 rig posted a score of 500. AMD is a bargain, but intel is the performance king.

BTW, I just noticed this is the Mac section! Maybe the web moderator can move it to the Windows section??

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave