View Single Post
Old 07-19-2018, 01:40 PM

Default Re: Dante Virtual Soundcard

It was my macbook pro. And I originally I had been connected to the native thunderbolt with my PT 12HD ilok at work and the whole rednet system with Avid Sync HD as the master clock. Then I tried to test it out with my other ilok standard PT12 and and as I described with only the Dante virtual sound card selected and no hardware attached at home, it let me go up to 64 tracks. I need a backup record for a show on Monday so I cloned my system and will be using my wife's Macbookpro for the backup by booting it up off the system clone. I don't need more than 32 tracks so I am good if it defaults to 32 which is what I thought it would do in the first place but I was surprised when I found out that it allowed me to set it to 64 tracks. I will post here when I find out after my show on Monday. The next thing is I am not sure what my master clock will be, I am hoping the backup will just clock to the dante network. All the rednet hardware have the Sync HD as their master clock. But really only one unit the first HD32r is connected to the Sync HD and all other units 6 MP8R pres and the second HD32R are just clocked via the dante network so I figure the Macbook will do the same. We shall see.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2022.10
Mac Pro 2009 upgraded to 5,1 12 core 3.46ghz
GPU RX6800XT, Samsung 970 EVO Plus pcie boot drive, Titan Ridge flashed for Mac.
Midas M32r console. iPad Pro with Avid Control