View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 01:44 PM

Default Re: Received a Pro Tools HD 10 license bundle; isn't working correctly please help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasleymusic View Post
Yep that's exactly what's happening! It only happens when I have the Profire 2626 setup as the playback engine though. It works fine when I have the Built-in Output set as playback or the Pro Tools aggregate io set as the playback engine....How would I make Pro Tools set as the master and not run as slave?

To Darryl: I've posted about the licenses several times in here and tried to contact Avid but don't really know how to get in touch with them. I've had Pro Tools m-powered 8 for quite some time and I feel like I read somewhere that there was a free upgrade to PT 10 if you purchased 8 before a certain time. Any light on how to get in touch with them on this would be helpful...I've already ordered a PT 10 crossgrade so it's not that big of a loss for me if they take the HD license away. Just wanna do the "right" thing and return something if it is not rightfully mine.
Sounds like Avid screwed up, they are normally pretty responsive on this stuff, but I would not worry too much about contacting them, but if you do you can do so through the Avid audio product registration page, link at the bottom here http://www.avid.com/US/support/register/audio and try to fill out that form in some way to get to them. But Avid support can also see this DUC thread and contact you. It is their problem, I more did not want you relying on this license then being surprised if Avid come looking for it back in future. Get what you have working now and it will work with your cross grade license when that arrives.

Have you tried the debug steps I have suggested? A leading cause of this exact behavior is audio drivers getting "upset", often from the computer being manually slept/suspended or power management kicking in (why you need to disable power management/sleep/suspend features in the optimization steps). Which is why I wanted you to try power cycling/rebooting everything.

Darryl