View Single Post
Old 05-25-2016, 07:42 PM
Avid

Default Re: The Dock is now shipping!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ha2dorff View Post
I guess the quality is matching the S3. Same fader, buttons and touch buttons. The surface is not exactly like the S3. S3 have a rubber feeling, and the Dock is more solid plastic. But understand me right: it's not "cheap". For me this is not a problem at all, and it visually looks identical.
In addition to music production I do a lot of dubbing for TV. Every automation functions is right there. Select tracks on the iPad, press "Do to sel"(ected) and press one of the automation types. Or press an automation type and then a track on the iPad. Fast and easy!
I've owned and used for a while 3 Artist Mix, Artist Control and Artist Transport. This is soooooo much better! I've also owned a Slate MTi, and I really liked the Batch Commander. But with S3, Dock and the iOS app I don't look back.
Glad to hear you are enjoying your Dock! It's pretty gratifying to see posts like this and for customers to finally get units. :)

I wanted to check that you have the latest appset (XML) installed though as it has important mappings for Dock buttons and better soft keys assignments. Looking at the small soft keys in the pic it looks like you don't have that. See the "DAW Setup" section here for installing the current XML: http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/faq/Dock-Support

Let me know. Thanks!
Berkeley, CA