View Single Post
Old 04-04-2020, 09:08 PM

Default Re: Is 2020 better w Catalina?

Sometimes PT just has a mind of its own it seems. I was working on a tune this evening and all of the sudden ONLY CPU 12 out of 24(I have a 12 core trash can) goes to 100, all others at 0 and the top CPU usage meter pegs to 100% red and the tune would not play. Got the -9173 error, even though the session was playing fine for several hours today and several days before. I started disabling plug ins, then entire tracks and then I disabled all the tracks and the master fader, auxes, everything(about 30 tracks) and VI's were disabled, and still the same problem! CPU 12 usage was all the way up, and I wasn't even playing anything. I quit PT, and reopened with Shift down, and all plug ins disabled and it played fine(tracks that were audio or frozen from before played). I then re-enabled one track at a time, expecting to find the culprit. I never did. With all tracks and plug ins enabled the tune played perfectly after that. Why did this happen, I don't know. I work with software tools a lot, and most of the time unless something is a show stopper and I can easily reproduce it, I find a way around it and move on. I do have the send anonymous data to Avid box checked, and I've been sending them data more often then I would like. My VI's are all on the same 4 TB Thunderbolt 2 drive with about 3/4ths full. I think that's my bottleneck now, and I'm going to find some time during this shutdown to add another drive and move some of the VI's to the new drive.
PT 2024.3 Ultimate HDX, Dual Slate Raven MTi2, HD IO 16x16, Mac Studio M2 Max on Sonoma, 64GB RAM, 4 TB & 8 TB external SSD NVMe drives, Neve 1073OPX(2), Slate VSX, Focal Solo Be6, Roland V-Drums, DW drums, too many VI’s and plug ins to mention.