View Single Post
Old 08-03-2020, 05:00 PM

Default Re: Did the smart tool change after 12?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLaudio View Post
I appreciate the reply Darryl. There is a setting in preferences that requires you to use a key command to engage the fade tool while using the smart tool. This is kind of a work around, but you do have to hold "command" to engage it to function how it use too.
Mmm I thought I had tested with that as well, and amusingly may have had bluetooth keyboard battery that dies as I was trying it.

It's clearly doing weird things when set to "automatic" (either that or I'm going nuts). Including if I scroll over a preexisting fade area... so it's large enough you know for sure the mouse cursor is exactly within it... it the smart cursor will not change to adjust the fade... but if you press and release the Control key then move back over the same area then it the cursor does change automatically. And if you change to smart cursor mode again it seems to need you to press and release the Control key again to work in automatic mode. Huh.

And it seems to do this on Windows as well. (Even quicker test with 2020.5 on Windows 10))