View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 01:54 PM

Default Re: Importing midi files into ProTools 8

No beta. It is the regular ProTools 8 with the updates.

I am importing a file from Sibelius 6 that has 26 parts - BUT THIS SAME PROBLEM HAPPENED WHEN I JUST DID A SIMPLE MONOPHONIC 1 PART TUNE (30 SEC LONG).
I saved it as "general midi 1".
I get freezing (it does seem to have a major tracking problem) and one time I got a pop up box saying there were midi time code issues (this does NOT happen all the time yet the problem is constant).

I have switched my firewire port to a AVID compliable (purchased direct from AVID) firewire (Texas Instruments made shipped as DP Firewire 2 port PCIe).
I have not tried doing any midi via the midi in on the MBox2Pro......only importing from Sibelius.

My computer is a HP m9080n with Core 2 Quad CPU @2.4 GHz w/3.00 GB ram. The C drive is 151GB with over 1/2 of that free with LOTS of extra external disk space. As mentioned earlier I upgraded the Firewire port to AVID compatible specs. using an MBox2Pro. If you need any other information about the computer I would be happy to provide it.

Another problem is that I am AT BEST a "low level" intermediate level ProTools user as I am trying to "kick start" myself into the modern world of recording.

Thank you all for any help