View Single Post
Old 11-25-2016, 09:32 PM

Default Re: Advice on comatose home studio -- God Bless your kind heart if you can help!!!

Dave,
Thanks so much for taking the time. Below are some thoughts to your questions:

- The old rig should work -- just haven't been able fix the issue on my own. Would probably start by installing the OS to another HDD to see if I can start up and get it to run from there.

- Mobile is a preference to provide the added ability to collaborate outside, perform live, take the show on the road etc. with (a "lite" version of the studio) but have the flexibility and continue to "dock-in" to the more elaborate home setup for production and recording.

- Definitely open to the PC and hackintosh idea -- have really been a PC user all along, but decided to go Mac for the music as I was curious as to the fuss and thought that would minimize having to deal with reliability issues, viruses etc.

- Totally up for buying used where one can get "almost new" for a steal if patient and persistent. That's how I was able to afford and setup half of my hardware (the tower, PMix, AKG mic etc.). Any Windows laptop/desktop options you would care to share?

PS: Livin' on dreams was catchy
ProjectMix I/O Version 1.3.2 Driver 1.8.4 Build 3
OWC Elite-AL (on FW400 as is PMIX)