View Single Post
Old 03-23-2005, 07:12 PM

Default Recurring Disk Related Errors -

So I am still getting the same error messages as before - starts with a - 9019 and proceeds to a -9073 error - basically Pro Tools claims it can't get data fast enough from the disk.

Details =>

I had PT installed on drive D:\ and was using that as my audio drive also - 120gb seagate barracuda ultra ATA => I started getting these errors and after a while decided to separate Audio from PT -

I installed Seagate Barracuda 160 gb SATA drive (new) my motherboard is equipped with built in controller for SATA. => I formatted the disk - (kept it as a basic disk)- and transferred all of my AUDIO files to the new drive "F:\"

Fired up PT and everything looked good - used the program for several hours and then all of the sudden - here come those errors again. Only this time they are making the application hang altogether - the re is continual succession of these error messages and I have to force the app to shut down.

On the recommendation from Digi Tech Support here on this board I uninstalled PT and reinstalled it to my "C:\" drive to eliminate yet one more variable - namely that strictly speaking Digi recommends installing PT on the system drive -

OK so that's where I am now - I can't use Pro Tools whatsoever - I have done all the tweaks recommended, DEP fix, killed all extraneous processes, disabled networking, etc. etc. My system hardware is not incompatible in any way and has plenty of power - not to mention disks that are certainly fast enough and a system that is clean.

What can I possibly do to rectify this situation if anything at all?

thanks