View Single Post
Old 07-29-2004, 08:48 PM

Default Re: REPLY TO MAYES AND HENCHMAN

Grivel-

Thanks for your responses-

i would be most interested in having you respond to the other questions I had as well,

Akai did hack the ProTools session format for the DD8 as I recall, mainly because digi seemed to be slow in responding to their requests- In fact It was a somewhat simple thing to figure out. And you are partially correct about the MX2424's acceptance in the film community. They are not at all common in most facilities here.

Now I can understand that It may be an issue with some who are working with the other systems you mentioned, but it is worth considering this to be a regional issue. We here, for better or worse have chosen ProTools to do our work with. Hence, ProTools is the most commonly used device both on Dubbing stages and in Editorial. That is not to say it is the best solution, but it certainly appears to be the one that is expected to have the greatest longitivity.

Now with that said, to imply that you in Europe are more advanced than us here is a difficult thing to defend in my mind- If you would be so kind to further elaborate on how and why this is the case, I would certainly lend an ear- but so far you have not. This sort of reminds of those Bomb Factory posts that used to be so provocative.

Oh yes, and you might extend the courtesy of spelling my name correctly as well.

charles maynes

Member IATSE Local 700, MPSE, ATAS, NRA & USMCHC.