Thread: Bounce feature
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2020, 10:55 AM

Default Re: Bounce feature

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Hmm.. a LITTLE bit more info would be needed here...
Yeah Fair doos!..

ok so, for example the track Im mixing right now. has a lot of midi parts... now happy with how it all sounds to midi, so want to commit (bounce) to an audio file, so i can then mix. - and free up CPU, plus have a backup of the midi for if i screw up later on!. - ok so nothing new here really.

The way Ive always done this is... simple Drag the midi data to a new audio track in protools (stereo track) - and it used to print it, but very fast!. - this was on my old PC with mechanical HDs

Now ive super dooper SSD fast things. and protools loads/runs like a ninja.. apart from the bounce.. where it just takes a long time.

ex:- it used to be pretty much instant for a 3 min track.. - Maybe 15 sec wait or so...

now.. it takes about 2 mins.. still faster than real time. but a lot LOT slower than it used too.. - sort of gets anoying when I have like 50 of these to do! :/

Even simple midi edits (no matter how long it is) - soon as I drag I know Ive a big wait ahead.. as used to be pretty much instant.

I really cant explain it better than that! :)