View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 04:48 PM
Space Cabin Audio

Default Re: Pro Tools LE to HD upgrade special: Open discussion

Hi Tony,

I have been running PT for quite a few years (since 5.1.1) If you asked me 5 years ago about this upgrade I would have jumped at the chance. Then I built my first Quadcore computer. Wow is all I can say about that.
Now I run an i7. I rarely ever have to leave a buffer of 64 and if I do, its to a buffer of 128. My sessions regularly run into the 50-60 track count. All have eq and compressor on the channel from my recording template. I may not use them as they are bypassed until I decide if I need them. I don't take them off. I have 6-8 versions of Eleven LE running as well as multiple verbs and delays with heavy automation and usually have any number of Hybrid/Xpand/Superior Drummer 2/Structure running. The only limitation I run into is not going to be solved by PTHD. The amount of ram I can access to run these VI's.

I would rather pay digidesign for features such as OFF LINE BOUNCE and PDC. Just my opinion. DSP for the DAW market is pretty much over. Besides the artificial track/bus/io count there is nothing for me in HD.

I love pro tools, but I fear if you guys keep trying to make HD stay alive, I will be forced to move to another software. Not because I want to, but because you will be bankrupt and the doors will be closed.

Trust me, I don't ever want to see that happen. I stick up for pro tools in a market that is moving rapidly away. I know, I have many students at the school I teach that tell me everyday

Kris
May the music move you