View Single Post
Old 07-02-2020, 04:29 AM

Default Arturia Mellotron issues

Just updated all my Arturia instruments a couple of days ago and the process went okay. What isn't okay is the updated Mellotron instrument. Insert it on a stereo instrument track and it plays fine. The problem starts when you hit the spacebar to stop PT's transport. I get a crackling/stuttering sound as the transport stops. Happens no matter what sound I call up in it. Corrupts the session to the point that saving & closing the session doesn't help - I have to quit PT and restart the session.

Number of tracks doesn't matter but if I have other tracks active that are audio it will also sometimes throw up a 9173 error.

Everything else from Arturia plays no problem so it's just this one synth. Will investigate seeing how things work when I host the Mellotron in VEPro 7.

edit for additional:
Hosting in VEPro 7 doesn't give me the crackling/stuttering sound. I do get a slight pop/tick sound when I stop the PT transport. No 9173's if I have other tracks in the session. Once again VEPro to the rescue.

QAPLA!

Last edited by musicman691; 07-02-2020 at 04:43 AM. Reason: added additional testing in VEPro 7.