View Single Post
Old 01-08-2017, 06:17 PM

Default Re: "I'm leaving Pro Tools for ... DAW"

For better or worse, I'm locked in. I love this damn thing we call ProTools, and I did all the chasing around for years, I've owned and used every major DAW out there, and nothing fits like a glove to me except Protools.

So, I'm going to continue to try to thorn in the side routine, yes I know, i'm wasting my time, but its the path I've chosen. Maybe not the way I've gone about it in the past, but I'm still going to keep on, keeping on, and hope for change.

I will keep my Vanilla version up to date, even though I don't use it, just to try out somethings. Heck, I just started using PTHD 11 last week, and have owned it since the day it came out.

Today, Avid sees no advantage of the Single License owner of PTHD. They understand that most of them have realized the don't really "Need" HD any longer, and have either migrated to Native or are just continuing to use HD because they own it (Me, by the way). I don't make my living from my HD rig, but I paid the money all the same to buy it, because I can. Some guys have their Boats, their Motorcycles, and/or Jet Ski's. Me, I've goy my home recording studio that most guys would kill to have and I thank the Good Lord for it everyday!

What I refuse to do, is spend (Wait, waist) $400 every single year and get zero return on investment. So, I've learned, or am trying to learn to be content!

Here is my pricing recommendation:

Vanilla - $99 a year
PTHD 1-2 Licenses - $199 a year
PTHD 3+ Licenses - $399 a year

If the guy with 3 or more licenses ask why he is paying more than someone who has fewer, as most would consider that a logical question, well, Avid's response can be, you are the customer that will benefit more from the R&D.

Make it like Waves, all you gotta pay to get back up to date, is joint the plan.

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp