View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 10:27 AM

Default Re: Is anyone really that impressed with the Channel Strip plugin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
It's not "impressive" but it's definetely "productive". Just as well as there's nothing impressive in Sonnox EQ or Dynamics, but they're go-to plugs for many, myself included.
This is what I mean. Seems like when 10 released, everyone was raving over how the plugin is soooo powerful and some even seemed to use the plugin to justify the price hike of the software. But to me, it just seems just as good as any other channel strip from Waves or T-Racks or something. The ability to switch processing order quickly is the only thing that really impresses me. I wish the EQ had another band though. I do like the plugin though. I just don't see what all the hype was about with it.

But since you mention Sonnox, their limiter is by far the best limiter I've used. And I have the L2007 and the L16. The Sonnox limiter is the only one that doesn't seem to destroy and crush the life out of a snare under heavy limiting. It's like although you are squeezing the dynamics out of the track, the drums still sound completely transparent just as if there were no limiter. This is really important in hiphop where the drums really sit right up front!

UAD 2 Apollo Quad w/Thunderbolt 3, UAD 2 Satellite Octo TB3, UAD 2 Octo PCIe, Avid S1, Neve R6 500 Chasis, Neve Portico 511, Neve Portico 551, Dangerous DBox+, Focal Trio6 Be, Neumann TLM49, Akai MPC 2000XL, Akai MPC X, Mackie 1202VLZ Pro, Akai Advance 61

Pro Tools 2021.12

Mac Pro 7,1 2019, 8 Core, 48GB RAM - MacOS 11.6.2

16" MacBook Pro 2021, M1 Pro, 16GB RAM - MacOS 12.1

27" iMac, Late-2012, 3.4GHz i7, 24GB RAM - MacOS 10.15