View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 01:43 PM

Default Re: Can you do audio for video with PT LE?

The video people usually just have a checkbox in the software when they are rendering to have the timecode burned in. Any video editor should have no problem giving you burned in timecode. Just make sure they give you QUICKTIME format on a data DVD, not a video DVD or you have to do the ripping and rendering yourself. I ran into a newbie video editor once who didn't have Quicktime. That was a pain.

Since I don't own any of the optional packages, I can only guess as to what would be useful. For instance, having the SMPTE timeline as a separate ruler would make lining up specific stings easier and quicker (I nudge them until they're right). I believe with either toolkit you can also spot to a SMPTE point whereas without it you have to slide it into place or spot to a bar/beat or raw time location.

You get Digitranslator for import/export of OMF files. I've never had a request for OMF myself. I've also heard it's still a bit buggy.

Continuous scrolling is something which is "nice to have", but not a vital feature and am not sure if it would make audio-for-video easier or not.

I don't know what else - for video- is included with the Complete Production Toolkit vs the DV Toolkit 2. You can do a search on the main site for either and see what's included. There are several plugins included with the price as well. They may or may not be useful to you.

You can also download the Reference Guide for any of the add-on options and get more info.

PT 2021; MacBookPro M1; 16GB; Spectrasonics; Native Instruments, Toontrack, Waves...too many plugins.