View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 03:57 AM

Default Re: Do you really have to completely restart Pro Tools when connecting a MIDI control

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc1mce2 View Post
Not the same as your problem but on my Windows 10 machine I have several midi devices connected either through a USB hub or directly to the computer itself. I have an LPK25, an MPC Ren (I don't use anymore), Maschine Studio, NI S49, Antelope Trinity, Akai Advance 61, Grace Design M905 and the M-Audio 2x2 Anniversary Edition Midi box. Besides the Trinity not connecting during boot up every know and then, the M-Audio 2x2 will do something weird where it will show up in the Device Manager but it will not allow any Midi device connected to it to show up as a usable device be it Pro Tools, Studio One 3, Reaper or FL Studio. For some reason if I connect the M-Audio directly to the computer and not via a sub hub it won't work no matter what I do. When it's connected via the usb hub it normally operates correctly but every so often I have to run the M-Audio installer, select uninstall and run it, after the uninstall process has completed re-boot my cpu and after re-boot run the installer to reinstall the drivers and I'm all set again. I use the M-Audio for the plugin that allows me to control my 2 Bricasti M7's in Pro Tools, Studio One 3 and Reaper via midi. The times I have to do this I do not have to re-boot my computer for Pro Tools to see my M-Audio 2x2 midi device. This just has to be done before I launch PT and everything is good. What I did find out was that some midi devices will only work through my usb hub which is puzzling to me. The Trinity is hit or miss through the same hub as the M-Audio (with or without the M-Audio Connected) but about 98% or the time it just works when connected directly to the computer's usb port and when the Trinity doesn't connect correctly I usually just turn it off and on again then I'm all set.

Wow! Sounds like you need to have a ProTools start-up checklist longer than the astronauts have to launch into space.

Digi 002 rack , Command 8, Behringer ADA 8000, Tascam M-320B Mixer, Alesis Monitor Two Speakers, Vintage and Modern Tube Amps, Fender American Strat, 1973 Gibson SB-450 Bass, Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro, Roland W-30 Keyboard, Preimier XPK Fusion Drum Kit.