View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 02:43 PM

Default Re: PCIx in PCI slots...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonTalley View Post
From what I have gathered the p67, h67 and z68 chipsets do not support pci natively. They do so by a pci to pci-e bridge.

I tried a build with the H67 chipset and the computer would not post at all with more than 2 PCI-X cards in it.

Strange thing is the system works with just 1 core card and will boot with either the accel or process card in it. When I put all 3 in the computer just continually reboots before the post...............

There are some users I am watching closely to see if the Gigabyte GA-P65A-UD3 will work. An additional PCI-e SATA card will be needed becuase the 2nd card covers up a row of SATA headers but the board looks promising.

So far this is the only board that appears will work but is not available in the US. WTF?
The PCI HD cards have multiple PCI bus masters on them. The HD Core and Process cards have nine, each DSP is a PCI "entity". Some BIOSes don't expect to see this many PCI devices in the system, and could have bugs if they find dozens of PCI devices. Some bugs like this happened many years ago. In other words, this could be a SW (BIOS) problem and not a HW problem. Maybe.