Thread: wont load
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 03:30 PM

Default Re: wont load

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimibrix View Post
Thanks for the heads up! I'm seeing so many people having so much trouble with PT10... I'm on PT9HD and I think I'll stay put. Sucks when they release new versions for a quick buck, and then have to release quick fix update versions to make it work, instead of just working out all the bugs before it's released! I got LE8, in Sept. 2010, then 8.0.3. then 8.0.5 and jumped to 9 in March... Moved up 9.03, 9.0.5 MPTK2 blah... Now they release 10! Wow... Yea, I'll sit on 9 for a bit! Every damned 8 months I have to shell out another $300 to keep up to date? Bullcrap! Oh don't forget $2000 for CMPTK2! Ridiculous. Still love my Pro Tools, but come on now!! I guess PT11 is coming in March 2012? Perhaps CMPTK3 for $2500?

I understand what you're saying but please don't take my post to mean that I am unhappy with Pro Tools 10. Granted I'm having a specific issue with getting it working on my laptop, but I have it installed on another workstation and it works perfectly. PT 10 for me is the fastest, most stable release yet, and I’ve been using Pro Tools since version 6. I would not hesitate recommending upgrading from v9 to v10. The new System 5 channel strip is fantastic and for HD or CPTK users the disk cache feature alone is worth the price of admission. YMMV