View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 08:15 PM

Default Re: Using multiple versions of ProTools??

This is a Pro Tools *user* forum... of other Pro Tools users. You asked other users here for advice in the past, after a lot of pain, you got useful advice and then did nothing but go around in circles like a headless chicken, calling multiple support organizations (WTF for?) checking if what you were told was correct instead of just working out the final bits for out yourself and actually doing what was suggested.

Had you bothered to actually you know, do something for yourself, and come back with questions like "I think I am going to install x.x.x. of Pro Tools but I am worried about compatibility with x.y.z then folks here will help you.

Ya think when we spend time working out you can do stuff (like I've checked before your laptop is upgradable to latest macOS... you have the last MBP actually upgradable to Mojave, you have a mac with a internal drive easily upgradable to large SSD if needed, etc. there are *no* frigging issues supporting Pro Tools 2018, if you upgrade memory as also described in lots and lots of painful detail before. And there are not any issues dual booting, etc... but any idiot, including you, can check all that with some quick Google searches. Why do you need to keep calling support organizations? This has taken you months? The actual bloody installs of the memory upgrade and all the software should should have taken a few hours). But instead you come back all confused saying things can't be done, but not sure why. So you are saying we are all wrong? You expect the users here to keep going around in circles with you about this? What did you other slaves die of?

If you want to contact Avid support. Purchase an ASC and call them, but as you've already found out Avid support is not going to provide you hand holding for basic systems management/integration.