View Single Post
Old 12-01-2019, 08:04 AM

Default Pro Tools Ultimate 2019.10 Mac, crashing, reproducable

I run Pro-Tools Ultimate 2019.10 on Mac, Sierra, 6 core X 2.66 Mhz, SSD systems drive, internal ESATA for video, USB3 for audio.

Pro Tools session (medium size) with Pro-Res Proxy video.
End of day back up: save copy in (copy all audio but no video or plugin settings). Leave machine copying overnight.

Since I upgraded to 2019.10 after the back up (save copy in) is done, the entire computer will shut down and for some crazy reason re-boot itself with message 'machine did not shut down correctly'.

Re-boot after unplugging form wall (warning apple messages)

Open the master Pro-Tools session (the one where the copy was made from and NOT the copy session), and Pro-Tools will crash as soon as I hit play and shut the entire computer down.

Re-boot computer (messages again including the different languages that would suggest hardware problem).

Make brand new ProTools session and put on desktop. Make 1 audio track blank, and press play. Pro Tools will play without crashing. Close session and save.

Re-open original session, and Pro-Tools will play normally until the video engine freezes (put video off line and then back on line fixes problem), then play for a while until video engine starts playing wrong segment of video in a loop.

When the machine shuts down, on its own after Pro-Tools back up is made, it sometimes ejects the drive where the video was playing from.

I ran disk utility in all drives, machine diagnostics, all passes. This has to be Pro-Tools issue. Removed all non-essential drives. I only have the systems SSD, the ESATA for video, and the USB3 for audio.

In my machine this has happened 3 times exactly the same conditions, so it seems that it can be reproduced.