View Single Post
Old 10-30-2008, 10:51 PM

Default Re: 003 LE hangs says 003 offline

Both your FW cards should have approved chips unless the manufacturers have changed the specs (which has happened before) you might want to eyeball the actual boards and determine tha actual FW chips.

I take it your running a base model P5B without any on board FW?

You might look at the IRQ assignments for your board and make sure the slot you have the PCI FW board is not sharing a IRQ or that its not sharing a IRQ with another device thats likely to have a conflict with 003. This info is in your motherboard guide. Basically if its not working in one PCI slot you might want to try a different one.

Have you substituted a known good FW cable between the 003 and the computer? Cables go bad-even new ones.

Last but not least FW is treated by XP as a networking protocol you might want to make sure that any Anti virus or Firewall programs are turned off and that the port is not firewalled.

I think I would be running the very latest version of PT and the the latest firmware on the 003 if I was trying to trouble shoot things

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88