View Single Post
Old 08-27-2019, 01:22 PM

Default Re: Reason 11 is Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
You can’t host VST in ReWire mode. In fact, ReWire is discontinued as if v11.

Also, the modules won’t be individual plugins. The entire rack is one plugin with the modules hosted within the rack. This also includes the players and third part RE devices.

AU is coming at the end of the year and AAX is on the radar but not confirmed. We definitely need an AAX version as I’m not sure how well the Reason rack will work in something like Patchwork due to the MIDI and audio capabilities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is heaven as I've never been a huge fan of Rewire with all the problems I've had with the input routing from PT to Reason. The MIDI might not be a problem if one remembers to use the synth version of Patchwork.

What I've had a problem with in Patchwork is getting individual audio outputs from it into PT. I can't seem to find a way to set routing to the aux outputs of Patchwork into PT - how do I set things up in Patchwork to it's aux outputs? The Patchwork manual is zero help and I don't know if I want to do all my mixing of synths inside Reason. IOW I'd like to be able to handle Reason like I do BFD3 where I don't use BFD's mixer but bring things out to individual tracks like I would when working with a physical drum kit.

edit for additional:
I just posted over on the Reasontalk forum in a thread announcing R11 and asked about aax support. Doubt I'll get an answer anytime soon. And now I can't find it in the thread but I thought I saw something that it's no longer Propellerheads but something else - anyways there's some kind of name change happening. Here's a link to that thread: https://forum.reasontalk.com/viewtop...3588&start=575

edit #2:
Found a page with a bit more in shorter form than the thread where I posted and it's here: https://cdm.link/2019/08/reason-11-new-plugin/ and the new name is Reason Studios

QAPLA!

Last edited by musicman691; 08-27-2019 at 01:45 PM. Reason: added that I posted over on the Reasontalk forum