View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 07:30 AM

Default Re: Elastic Audio - Fades pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Russell View Post
There's a method.

You comp the track. You fade where needed. You save as. Consolidate. Then EA. Then render X-Form overnight

No pops.

Oh, but that takes so long!! Yeah. But that's the way to do it right. I wish EA and fades could co-exist. but they can't. So this is my workflow. And I'm pretty quick at it, now (other than waiting for X-form while the Nehalem just idles!)
As a late comer to EA, I am still defining my workflow -- and I am discovering that there so much creativity in a comp that happens within EA, that you can't always commit to a comp, then EA... you may say, "I like take 3 for the 4th line but what if we move the 2nd word? How will that interact with the previous line?" -- and I frequently use crossfades to manufacture breaths and create performances that may or may not have been organically performed... so my workflow is to use a NON-EA track side-by-side with the EA track, all bussed to the vox master aux. If I want to play with EA, I drop the regions to the EA track and then experiment. Or sometimes bounce the proposed regions to the EA track. Imperfect? Yeah. But that's my solution. Are there better ways to approach this?