View Single Post
Old 05-04-2020, 06:49 PM

Default Re: Best Way to Move Pro Tools Native HD System from Cheesegrater to New 2019 Mac Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-tone View Post
I believe that the PT installation notes specify that the HD card be installed before installing the software, but I don't think it makes a difference in the end. Read the PT software Installation instructions / notes pdf before installing either to make sure everything is done correctly.
Thanks, I thought that was how I originally did it when I first bought it but I read a number of posts here where guys where installing PT first and then added the card so I figured I’d try that since the card will be tied up in my cheesegrater for a week or so more. As of now PT itself is working fine. I read the Read me first and What’s new docs but didn’t read the install info. I’ll do so now.

PT 2023.12.1 Ultimate, 7,1 Mac Pro -12 Core, 96 GB RAM, OS 12.7.4 Monterey, 2 TB SSD system and apps, 2 TB Accelsior RAID 0 SSD projects / HD Native card with HD Omni, Eleven Rack, UAD Quad PCIe, UAD TB3 OCTO satellite, MOTU midi express 128 // Mac Pro 4,1 - 2 x 2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 32 GB RAM, OS 10.10.5 Yosemite, PT 11.3.2