View Single Post
Old 05-04-2020, 06:43 PM

Default Re: Best Way to Move Pro Tools Native HD System from Cheesegrater to New 2019 Mac Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Young View Post
Congrats on your new BEAST! I literally spent the last couple of days doing the same thing. I went from a 12-core 5,1 to an 8-core 7,1. The performance already is over 50% more at least. I agree, do clean installs. Hopefully you have newer Waves versions otherwise you may run into installation issues. There are some "tricks" to allow installation on Catalina, though. Everything else will benefit from clean installs especially due to Catalina.
Thanks, likewise congrats on your new baby! They are pretty impressive Macs. I don’t have a lot of Waves plugs, just a couple of the Abbey Road plugs at V10 and the H Delay at V9. I can upgrade them for $51. which I guess I’ll need to do.

PT 2023.12.1 Ultimate, 7,1 Mac Pro -12 Core, 96 GB RAM, OS 12.7.4 Monterey, 2 TB SSD system and apps, 2 TB Accelsior RAID 0 SSD projects / HD Native card with HD Omni, Eleven Rack, UAD Quad PCIe, UAD TB3 OCTO satellite, MOTU midi express 128 // Mac Pro 4,1 - 2 x 2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 32 GB RAM, OS 10.10.5 Yosemite, PT 11.3.2