View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 09:46 AM

Default Re: Avid - fix the redraw issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian in Charlotte View Post
In my experience, it has nothing to do with Clip Gain per se'. The only way I have found to work around it is to separate the clip and then for sake of speed, I use the "Consolidate" shortcut, then I can use the Pencil Tool to draw out clicks etc.

For those asking "what is the issue". When you zoom in to a click or issue that you want to correct/redraw using the Pencil Tool, it will not draw correctly. The best example I could give, without showing a picture is this: You want to draw a click out of a straight line on the waveform, so you click the mouse and drag/redraw the line. When you let go of the mouse, what you had drawn as a straight line flips into a U shape.....now you have a worse problem than before.

There is truly no excuse for this not be remedied by now. To me, it really is a picture of what AVID thinks of their customers.
I've never had this happen but a question. Are you possibly in grid mode when you are doing this and you see the U shape appear?
Windows 7 ultimate 64 sp1. intel i5 2500k 3.30 ghz. asus p8p67 evo rev 3. 16g kingston ddr3 1600. Asus engtx 560dc2 oc. Seagate Barracuda 7200 9 SATA 80-GB Hard Drive. 2x WD caviar black 7200 500 GB. 1x WD caviar black 7200 1 TB. Seagate Freeagent 7200 1 TB usb 2.0. SIIG NN-440012-S8.

PT 10. SIB 7. ProjectMix I/O. Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56. Focusrite Saffire pro 40. Genelec 8040. Axiom pro 61. Alesis Dm8 pro. Spector ns2000/5. Old vintage Vantage electric guitar. Bunch of VI's and plugins