View Single Post
Old 01-20-2019, 05:23 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools and VEP6 - Mac is Freezing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEyeJedi View Post
Mac is fully powered and plugged in!
Never had an issue like this before with this or any other Mac !
Yup latest versions of VEP
Also installed PT 2018.12 and no change in the issue

My pro tools system meter was running at 73% RAM usage at time of recent crash - I was only streaming one instance of Albion through VEP
Maybe for some reason there is a spike in memory usage that maxes out my machine to 100% and it shuts down for safety

It’s the latest version of kontakt and my machine is connected to the internet via Ethernet cable not WiFi
Although I have never had a WiFi related issue in the past with pro tools and my macbook

Oh dear !
So your Mac is connected to both the internet and the slave machine at the same time? Try disconnecting the internet ethernet cable and see what happens. What else do you have running on the mac when working in PT? Are you trying to surf the net at the same time? I've seen some strange websites that could cause the issue you seem to be having.

Trying to wrap my head around the ram usage you say that's in a session that doesn't seem to have a whole heck of a lot in it. Albion is running on the slave so other than a small overhead that VEPro has on your Mac all the ram used is on the slave. What do you have the cache in PT set to?

QAPLA!